Line Technician 1st Class
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) is currently recruiting for a Line Technician 1st Class to join our organization. The selected candidate will construct, operate, and maintain NOVEC's transmission and distribution system while ensuring reliable and economical electrical service, efficient service restoration, and the highest level of customer satisfaction in accordance with safety standards, regulatory compliance, and NOVEC policies and procedures.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform construction, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and service restoration of energized and de-energized overhead and underground T&D facilities to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, work and job orders, regulations, applicable codes, and NOVEC standards.
- Perform crew activities to ensure proper, effective, and efficient use of available resources; use and review labor estimates and material requirements to effectively requisition materials and equipment; and safely complete scheduled customer commitments and work assignments.
- Assist Lead Line Technician with crew training, development, and motivation; work assignments; performance management; goals and objectives; compliance with policies and procedures; and adherence to NOVEC safety rules and VOSHA regulations.
- Review and analyze time sheets for reporting accuracy of construction units, time, and equipment and assist in developing and maintaining associated labor, capital, and expense budgets.
- Assist Lead Line Technician and the Quality Assurance department in maintaining a quality assurance system for all construction processes, practices, materials, tools, and line equipment.
- Coordinate with Lead Line Technician and System Operations department in development and execution of planned switching orders and advise of necessary changes.
- Review construction activities for effectiveness and compliance with NOVEC construction standards and assist with advising of and developing changes in design specifications, work processing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Perform all position responsibilities in accordance with NOVEC policies and procedures and VOSHA safety regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or recognized equivalent and successful completion of a certified Line Technician Training Program is required.
Four years of directly related experience as an apprentice in an electric utility construction and maintenance environment is required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess and apply strong working knowledge of assigned construction equipment and tools and meter use.
- Apply ability to climb poles and/or structures on a daily basis using approved procedures and safety measures.
- Possess a valid Class A CDL Driver's License.
- Apply analytical methodology to problem solving and decision making and relate theoretical and/or technical concepts to practical application.
- Apply working knowledge of and ability to operate personal computers and related software systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office and IBM compatible office products.
- Anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the general public both orally and in writing while maintaining professionalism under all circumstances.
- Perform job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner within established guidelines under minimal supervision while providing superior customer service.
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
While performing the duties of this job there is a moderate amount of time spent standing, walking, sitting; driving a light duty vehicle; and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling to reach or move about work areas.There is a limited amount of time spent driving a heavy-duty vehicle.There is an extreme amount of time in use of hands and fingers such as handling and gripping objects or equipment; reaching with hands or arms to grasp materials or structures.There is an extreme amount of time, potentially daily, spent climbing or balancing on poles, structures, and equipment at and about the work area.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will routinely lift or exert force of up to 50 pounds unassisted.The employee will occasionally lift or exert force of up to and over 75 pounds assisted.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.