Field Services Technician I
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) is currently recruiting for a Field Services Technician I to join our organization. The selected candidate will provide meter services necessary to obtain meter readings, ensure accurate recordings of electric usage, and meter installation and removal while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction in accordance with NOVEC policies and procedures.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain meter readings, ensure accurate recordings of electric usage and operate, investigate, maintain, and update records for proper billing utilizing G-5 hand-held equipment.
- Schedule daily workload and coordinate with colleagues to arrange for access to property to perform meter services.
- Operate motor vehicles equipped with GPS meter reading computers.
- Conduct route updates with meter reading equipment.
- Perform spotter guide tasks as needed in support of service restoration.
- Respond to customer information needs as first line point-of contact relating to meter services and utility programs.
- Investigate, document, and report current diversion, unsafe meter conditions, and abnormal or hazardous system conditions observed.
- Assist as directed in restoration of electric service during outages.
- Perform position responsibilities in accordance with NOVEC policies and procedures and VOSHA safety regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, GED or other recognized equivalent is required.
One year of directly related customer service or equivalent experience is desired. Successful completion of Meter Reading Proficiency Test within six months of employment is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of current diversion and the ability to document such information.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and the general public both orally and in writing while maintaining professionalism and control in all circumstances is required.
- Ability to perform all responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies/procedures and VOSHA safety guidelines.
- Anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Apply working knowledge and ability to operate a personal computer/laptop and related software such as Daffron, Polaris Workforce, MS Office and hand-held data collection equipment.
Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Must be able and available to work weekends, holidays, evenings, nights and other times outside of standard work hours to assist in service restoration, emergencies that may arise, if necessary for business operations.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.