Joint Use Coordinator
This position supports organizational objectives through coordination and monitoring of joint use attachments to NOVEC pole assets including administration of joint use contracts with third parties; joint use permit processing and tracking; coordination of all field work including make ready work and field surveys; maintain all records and data and perform analysis and develop reports pertaining to all activities associated with third-party attachers; perform coordination and analysis of all joint use pole surveys; oversee correction of NESC clearance violations and maintain all record keeping and billings associated with NESC clearance violation correction; prepare and issue all annual joint use rental bills and ensure the collection of all joint use rental revenues.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with joint use attachers, NOVEC Distribution Engineering, NOVEC System Construction and other NOVEC staff to facilitate execution of job responsibilities.
- Coordinating and administering joint use agreements between NOVEC and third-party attachers including ensuring adherence to contractual terms by third-party attachers; identifying issues or contractual violations, developing and evaluating solutions, and working with management to implement best alternative solutions.
- Coordinating joint use permitting processes including maintaining and updating joint use permit documentation and databases including joint use pole surveys and audits. Coordinating configuration, system updates and administration of tables to support process requirements and maintain data integrity.
- Processing joint use pole attachment applications including coordination of necessary field verification(s) by qualified staff to determine if the requested attachment will create NESC violation(s) or pole loading issues or if "Make Ready" work is required; communicating conditions under which joint use permit will be approved to applicant third-party attacher(s) including all "Make Ready" work required and the estimated costs.
- Processing joint use pole attachment and transfer requests through the National Joint Use Notification System (NJUNS).
- Developing and maintaining pole database for joint use billing including annual joint use billings, invoicing for correction of NESC violations and "Make-Ready" work. Preparing joint use invoices and following through to collection.
- Coordinating NESC and pole loading violation correction program including identifying NESC violations and pole loading violations; prioritizing correction efforts based on the severity and impact of violations on the NOVEC assets; coordination of necessary field verification(s) by qualified staff to determine the required corrective work and the costs for the corrective work; communicating nature of the work required and the estimated cost(s) with third-party attacher(s).
Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering or an Associate's degree in Business or Engineering with five years of relevant experience. Three to five years of related experience and/or training in an electric utility engineering and construction environment to include ability to read, understand and analyze basic engineering drawing(s) and staking sheets, design cost estimates, basic NESC Safety Code provisions and construction specifications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all company policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Demonstrated skill reading, comprehending and implementing contract terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with general computer operation to include Microsoft Office applications, construction work management systems, mapping applications, financial or accounting applications, and Oracle and/or Crystal end-user report applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Demonstrated business and technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research and understand issues, identify and solves problems, and to think analytically and logically.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work extended and non-standard hours, or be on-call, if required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including outdoors in all weather conditions, around energized electrical equipment, and in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.