Supervisor, System Operations
NOVEC is currently recruiting for a Supervisor of System Operations. This position will supervise the daily activities of a 24/7 Operations Center to operate, monitor, and maintain NOVEC's transmission and distribution system to ensure a consistent, high-level of system operations and customer service. Additionally, this position will supervise NOVEC employees and contract crews in the emergency restoration of service and planned maintenance to the system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Monitors system service reliability, and implements plans for continuous improvement of reliability and customer service.
- Coordinates the response to Fire, Police, and other public service agencies requests for assistance in emergency situations involving NOVEC facilities.
- Reviews and approves trouble call reports, job orders, database and map update for proper completion of work, submission of additional work requests and accurate documentation and reporting.
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on system operations and distributions and supervisory procedures and practices.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Provides leadership within the department to ensure required human resource administration, staffing, training, coaching, development, work assignments, performance management, goals and objectives and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervises, authorizes, and coordinates substation, transmission, and distribution switching activities for service restoration and load transfer activates.
- Manages outage damage assessment, resource allocation, and power restoration. Supervises operation and monitoring of Outage Management System, IVR, telephone, radio, SCADA, Fire Alarm, Security and other systems and facilities both during and after normal business hours (24/7).
- Suggests improvements or changes to power system for improved system reliability and/or cost savings.
- Analyzes and approves project requests for proper design regarding operating efficiency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five to seven years of related experience and/or training including management of programs and supervision of people is required. Experience in the operation of transmission and distribution systems and related equipment for power systems is strongly desired.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all company policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with general computer operation and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information and electrical systems used to evaluate workload.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training materials. Ability to explain materials and teach principles of electricity.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze transformer and circuit loading. Knowledge of function and operation of substation and line equipment. Knowledge of principles of power flow.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering and operational principles and construction methods.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze statistical data and formulate plan of action for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Ability to develop and motivate a team. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over a short and long-term focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources administration to manage employees work, conduct performance review, develop goals and objectives and assure compliance with policies and procedures.
OTHER COMMENTS: These may be representative of requirements in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able and available to work weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, and other times outside of standard work hours to assist in service restoration, emergencies that may arise, and necessary business operations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and be able to operate company pool vehicles as necessary.
- Must maintain a telephone at his/her place of residence or personal communication device at all times.
- Ability to contact telephone or personal communication device must be made available to NOVEC for the purpose of contacting the employee to conduct legitimate routine and/or emergency business.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.