Business Applications Analyst - GIS
This position will support organizational objectives by identifying opportunities to improve business process through applying and integrating software technology and supporting, maintaining, and testing software applications. This position will monitor data integrity of NOVEC software systems and act as a point of contact for employees and departments who utilize the system and/or data from the system. They will also collect and prioritize division information requirements and develop plans and activities that will result in the automation of these requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews user requests for system modifications, processes improvements, reports requirements, and recommends best solution for achieving desired results in consultation with the outsourced IT vendor technical services. Assists with developing specialized reports. Meets the established requirements documented for functionality, interfaces, and reports.
- Coordinates and conducts business process reviews to capture the current state of the process, identify problems, develop and evaluate solutions, and apply new process to software systems.
- Understands and manages data integrity of their application and the relationship of data with all corporate applications
- Has the ability to become a ‘super user’ of the business application to serve as a liaison between the business users and IT staff.
- Prepares documentation related to end user use of the system. The outsourced IT vendor will maintain documentation for the outsourced IT vendor‘s procedures.
- Conducts initial system troubleshooting and recommends resolution to end-user and forwards technical resolutions issues to the outsourced IT vendor.
- Conducts software orientation workshops and seminars and coordinates development, training, communication needs for employees.
- Writes and maintains NOVEC software systems documentation and provides reference materials and support/help desk to end users.
- Configures, updates, and edits system administration tables to support process requirements, maintain data integrity and meets users' needs.
- Conducts initial system troubleshooting and recommends resolution to end-user and forwards technical resolutions to the outsourced IT vendor.
- Develops business case for new software releases and upgrades.
- Tests upgrade of software modifications; and coordinate the installation of new releases to end-users with the outsourced IT vendor, ensuring compatibility with all corporate applications.
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on system operations, information management software and computer science related procedures and practices.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field relevant to the application used or equivalent combination of education and experience is required (i.e. Electrical Engineering or relatable field). One to two years of related experience and/or training is required, including business analysis, the administration of client-server software applications, relational databases, table structures, end-user support, training, troubleshooting, project management, cost benefit analysis, conducting business process reviews, and workflow modeling.
Currently, we use ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS) to manage our Electric, Fiber and Landbase models. We use ArcFM Web Viewer to view our GIS layers (Electric, Fiber and Landbase) using a browser. We use GIS front end applications provided by Schneider for distribution drawings. In addition, a broad understanding and working knowledge of integrated collection of any GIS software product is required.
*Special Note -- This position can be filled as an Associate Business Applications Analyst with the following education and experience requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent is required. One to two years of related experience and/or training is required, including working on the application as an end-user SME.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.