NOVEC is currently seeking an Associate Engineer who will assist in the design and specification preparation of transmission, substation and distribution facilities. Additionally, this position will assist in the preparation and performance of short range and long range engineering studies. Extensive fieldwork will be required in conjunction with normal office duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the performance of electrical system studies and making recommendations based on results. Assisting in conducting studies and surveys to improve the electrical system with emphasis on the application of new materials, equipment and system operation.
- Assisting in preparation of short range and long range plans, including voltage drop studies, sectionalizing studies, maintenance requirements and budget requirements.
- Assisting in the data completion for the evaluation of power outages and other electrical disturbances.
- Assisting in recording, reviewing and analyzing system records and making recommendations for system improvements or solutions to system problems.
- Assisting in the design of electric facilities or substations for new customer line extensions, subdivisions, system improvements, system maintenance and SCADA.
- While using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer. Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional working knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is an entry-level position requiring less than one year of electrical design experience with an electric utility, consultant or construction firm.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Work requires attention to detail and the completion of reports, which requires a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Must be able to apply analytical methodology to problem solving and decision making and relate theoretical and/or technical concepts to practical application.
- Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Apply working knowledge of and ability to operate personal computer and related software systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and IBM compatible office products; operate mechanical equipment including telephone, copier, fax machines.
- Ability to anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Perform job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner within established guidelines under minimal supervision while providing superior customer service.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.