Origination & Structuring Analyst
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative is currently recruiting for an individual to join their Power Supply team that will provide power marketing and transaction support through complex financial modeling, economic analysis, proposal drafting, competitive intelligence, and market analysis across a pipeline of projects and wholesale power markets. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two-three years of previous experience with energy and capacity contract origination and structuring; preferably including experience working for an energy consulting company, energy trading organization, independent power producer, renewable (solar) developer, or other similar entity. Strong analytical, technical and quantitative skills, as well as proven background working with fuels, energy, capacity, and renewable markets, are necessary. Candidates with strong commercial acumen, can summarize and communicate complex ideas succinctly, and work cooperatively and effectively as a member of high-energy team are preferred for this exciting and challenging professional opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop proposals and project-level content, provide transactional support, complete financial and economic analyses and be able to professionally present and advocate for positions and findings as requested.
- Stay abreast of on energy markets, policies, power economics, competitive market pricing, and other data through regular and routine market contact.
- Interact directly with customers and counterparties in origination activities and closing transactions. Fully understand and support counterparty and corporate credit requirements.
- Build models, exhibits and analysis for forward energy, fuels, and capacity products, power, gas, and heat rate call options; and other energy related derivatives as required by the Company.
- Support E&BD team with its review and consideration of available market offers. Also, support the E&BD with the structuring, negotiating and closing of any transactional activities; including, but not limited to bilateral transactions, power purchase agreements, and or generation assets.
- Responsibilities include building and maintaining transactional models; such as; forward fuel and power contracts, power swaps, and financial derivatives as required.
- Assist with the build out of internal business tools and deal presentations for senior management approval.
- Succinctly communicate the economics and key contract terms of potential deal structures to company stakeholders.
- Function as a strong team player, good communicator, and able to work professionally and effectively with changing work load demands required by the position in order to get the job done as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required with two-four years of experience within a transactional energy environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two-four years of experience in renewable energy industry and power markets required. A demonstrated interest in a career in energy analysis and deal origination.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. SharePoint experience is helpful.
- Proficiency with SAS or equivalent database management tool is highly desired.
- Working experience with power flow and production modeling tools; or other analytical tools is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels within the organization is required.
- Must have strong spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data.
- Must possess strong organizational, planning and project management skills.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.