Business Development Representative
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) is currently recruiting for a Business Development Representative who will primarily be responsible for creating and fostering sales leads, opportunities, and meeting sales targets associated with our existing small businesses, builder-developers, and residential developments and subdivisions. This position will provide feedback from meeting directly or indirectly with the identified customer base to recommend enhancements or changes to current product and services offerings as well as recommendations for new product or services for the customer base identified herein. This position will work closely with the Senior Business Development Representatives on the team to achieve division and individual goals for new sales opportunities and sales leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively initiate contacts, sales leads, sales opportunities, and business development initiatives with prospective and existing NOVEC small business, builder-developer, residential developments and subdivisions.
- Present, follow-up, and close the sale to NOVEC customers on the proposals, bids, or other business development projects.
- Investigate and respond to NOVEC small business and residential customers concerns regarding rate, high bill, capital credit and terms and condition issues.
- Negotiate Load Management Agreements in conjunction with the Electric System Development staff with new residential developments and subdivisions.
- Provide customer support service during outages and service restoration efforts.
- Provide proactive, face-to-face technical assistance to small businesses, builder developers, and residential customers on energy related subjects and energy management concerns.
- Work with the Senior Business Development Representatives to train other departments of the company in the areas of rate assignment, energy management, high bills, customer rates and tax assignments.
- Apply demonstrated technical expertise and leadership to develop, recommend, and achieve division goals that produce positive results through planning, communication, administration of corporate and or division policies and programs.
- Work continually towards self-development to stay current on marketing, sales and business development procedures and practices.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, energy management, and related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three to five years of directly related experience in energy marketing and sales, including creating and implementing new product marketing strategies is required. Experience with energy auditing and conservation is desired.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate and apply working knowledge of sales strategies, financial and market analysis, forecasting; and statistical methods.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and the general public both orally and in writing while maintaining professionalism and control under all circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business and technical writing skills complemented by strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical methodology to problem solving and decision-making and relate theoretical and/or technical concepts to practical application.
- Demonstrated ability to apply working knowledge of and ability to operate personal computer and related software systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office and IBM compatible office products; operate standard office equipment; and operate basic equipment and tools for measuring and analyzing electricity use.
- Demonstrated ability to apply to anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner within established guidelines under minimal supervision while providing superior customer service.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.