PT Customer Service Representative - CSC
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) has an opening for a part-time Customer Service Representative that will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries via phone, email, fax or USPS mail in a polite, professional, and timely manner while demonstrating strong customer relations and customer problem solving skills with the aim of providing quality customer service and first contact resolution. This position will perform billing responsibilities for NOVEC’s residential, commercial, contract, customer, and streetlight accounts which requires daily review of billing cycle reports, calculating electric usage and performing the necessary billing adjustments to ensure NOVEC customers are billed accurately and on time.
*NOVEC’s Customer Service Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. When submitting your resume, please indicate which days and hours you are available to work.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling service connects, disconnects, transfers, and meter checks error free.
- Reviewing, researching and correcting customer accounts due to current diversion, lost paperwork, meter exchanges, switch meters, high bill complaints and misapplied payments.
- Performing tasks as assigned to include email task assignments, billing assignments, creating spreadsheets and letters, document scanning, etc.
- Utilizing various computer applications such as Webcall, Speedpay, Daffron CIS, Kubra, Equifax, etc. to respond to customer inquiries. Assisting customers with the self-service options available to them on NOVEC's website (online bill payment, outage map and outage reporting, energy usage, etc.).
- Processing incoming calls in a manner consistent with meeting division goals in the areas of ACW time, average answer speed, abandoned rate, AUX, staffed time, and percentage of calls answered.
- Performing other essential functions such as training new employees, implementing corporate or regulatory programs and processing returned Capital Credit checks.
- Reviewing and assisting in policy and procedure development to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or recognized equivalent is required.
- A minimum of three years of previous customer service experience is required.
Physicals Demands, Mental Capabilities and Work Conditions include but are not limited to:
While performing the duties of this job there is a moderate amount of time spent handling paperwork. There is an extreme amount of time spent utilizing fine dexterity to type with a computer keyboard, talking to and hearing internal/external customers, sitting, and utilizing vision to read computer screens. There is a minimal amount of time standing, walking, bending, reaching, twisting and driving a light-duty vehicle. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent will occasionally lift or exert force of up to 25 pounds unassisted and minimally have to lift or exert force of up to 50 pounds assisted.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.