Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative is looking for an Engineer who will configure, maintain and support the SCADA and Load Management infrastructure to ensure its reliable, safe and secure operation. This position will maintain the SCADA and Load Management systems in a compliant manner and will demonstrate compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include, but are not limited to:
- Designs, configures, and maintains the SCADA and Load Management infrastructure in accordance with NOVEC policies, regulatory standards and industry best practices.
- Documents tasks to demonstrate compliance with regulatory standards such as infrastructure changes, compliance assessments, testing of significant changes, system configurations, access reviews and equipment disposal.
- Responsible for procedures and practices related to the physical and cyber security of the SCADA system.
- Programs SCADA systems to communicate with field equipment including IEDs, RTUs and meters.
- Maintains and supports SCADA servers, databases, data historian, SCADA one-lines, map board, operator, training, historian and engineering workstations, and related Electric Operations systems including: ACS, eDNA, ICCP, data integration (transcription, load page) and delivery point meters. Manages NOVEC relationship with key hardware and software vendors.
- Creates and updates SCADA operator displays and databases.
- Coordinates SCADA infrastructure and display activities with NOVEC’s Electric Operations staff.
- Coordinates ICCP database and coordinates data exchange with outside entities.
- Participates in internal and external audits as a subject matter expert.
- Assists the Substations & Telecommunications Manager with supervising 1-3 SCADA Analyst(s) responsible for the administration and technical support of the SCADA and Load Management system.
- Provides technical support to internal staff for maintained systems.
- Directs and assists in recovery efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three or more years of experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting SCADA or equivalent distributed control systems (DCS) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong computer and networking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows operating systems, LINUX, Microsoft Office, virtualization, access control/authorization, security event monitoring and configuration management software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with administrating, programming and troubleshooting real-time SCADA systems and displays.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Power System Operations concepts, processes and procedures.
- Basic understanding of NERC CIP standards.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with people having varying technical skill levels.
- Ability to manage projects and time effectively to meet strict deadlines. Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, with little to no supervision.
OTHER COMMENTS These may be representative of requirements in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able and available to work weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, and other times outside of standard work hours to assist in service restoration, emergencies that may arise, and necessary business operations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and be able to operate company pool vehicles as necessary.
- Must maintain a telephone at place of residence or personal communication device at all times. Ability to contact telephone or personal communication device must be made available to NOVEC for the purpose of contacting the employee to conduct legitimate routine and/or emergency business.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.