Accounting Clerk 2
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) is searching for an Accounting Clerk to prepare and execute check processing for payments, as necessary. This position will maintain and update accounts payable files, assist internal and external customers, and will process invoices for payment.
Essential Job Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring due dates of invoices and processing them for payment in a timely fashion to avoid late penalties and interest fees.
- Researching receiving tickets to ensure both purchase orders and invoices match. In addition, verifying invoices to guarantee they are approved and coded appropriately.
- Processing checks for payment on designated days no later than mid-morning in order to provide Finance department and the bank with cash requirements required for the day.
- Compiling check and invoice copies for accounts payable files, to include all pertinent information (i.e., date received, amount, payment date, posting period, etc…) and maintaining check files as required for retention compliance.
- Collaborating with Purchasing and Inventory departments in identifying quantity and price errors of purchase orders and invoices as needed.
- Investigating and providing recommendations for remedies for errors in purchases and invoices by collaborating with a vendor’s AR and/or Purchasing departments.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or the recognized equivalent with additional specialized/technical training in the areas of accounting/finance is required.
A minimum of one year of accounting/bookkeeping experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of accounting basics (accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenues, expenses, etc…).
- Ability to work with, understand, and utilize accounting software/systems.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) to apply formulas as necessary.
- Ability to adapt and work on multiple projects as needed.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting and collaborate with other departments/divisions as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize day-to-day tasks and projects to meet specified deadlines.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to utilize and apply specified competencies for this position as required.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.