Senior Operations Research Analyst
NOVEC is currently looking for a Senior Operations Research Analyst who will lead in the formulation mathematical and simulation modeling, stress scenarios and other optimizing methods and analyze in collaboration with engineering, operations, and business development personnel to optimize capital asset portfolios and maximize the value of the asset portfolio and for identifying risks associated with such asset portfolios and recommend strategies to mitigate the risks.
This position will also lead in the formulation mathematical, statistical and simulation modeling to develop forecasts for demand and energy consumption and forecasts for service reliability to be used by engineering to plan the expansion and upgrade of the energy delivery system.
This position will lead in the formulation mathematical and statistical analyses, simulation modeling, forecasting and other optimizing methods used to evaluate work processes, work systems and work procedures. The candidate will make recommendations and participate in the development of strategies for improving work efficiency, for improving service quality and for determining the optimum level of materials, resources and contracted services required to construct, operate and maintain the energy delivery system. Analyses would include breaking the problem into components, gather and analyze relevant data, develop multiple solution options, identifying the benefits of each option and communicate the findings to management.
The ideal candidate must be able to Independently make technical judgments and assumptions as a subject matter specialist. They must also be able to perform reviews of work product and analyses performed by third party consultants or the internal team assigned to solve a problem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development, implementation and validation of forecasting, resource utilization, work process efficiency and service quality measurement methodologies.
- Lead in researching error analysis to continually improve forecast accuracy resource utilization, work process efficiency and service quality.
- Break down the business problem or business systems into their component parts. Formulate the mathematical methods appropriate to analyze the business issue. Collect and verify the essential data from internal systems and external sources required to perform the analyses needed to solve the assigned business problem or the assigned business decision that must be made.
- Lead in the formulation of new mathematical and simulation modeling, new optimizing methods new analyses techniques and new data requirements to solve business problems as presented by management.
- Lead in the specification, development and implementation of new software, computer systems and new sources and types of data for the purposes of enhancing the technical analyses, data modeling and computer simulation of business scenarios requiring solutions.
- Prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions. Collaborate with Senior Managers and decision-makers to identify and solve a variety of problems, and to clarify management objectives.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Computer Science is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Six years related professional experience energy asset and energy systems fundamental analysis. Strong background in statistical analysis and forecasting techniques. Understanding of economics and application of economic principles to asset portfolio optimization and energy forecasting. Experience in developing and validating data models and simulation. Experience in financial, statistical and economic modeling and strategic planning required.
Experience and proven ability to perform thorough, appropriate and accurate quantitative and economic evaluations and analyses. Work with mathematical concepts such as integration, probability, and statistical inference. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, perform quantitative analyses and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
Must possess the ability in the use of statistical software:
- Analytical or scientific software (SAS software)
- Data base reporting software (Business Objects Crystal Reports)
- Data base management software (Oracle, SQL Server and DB2)
- Development environment software (C, Microsoft Visual Basic)
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word)
- Pattern design software (Microsoft Office Visio)
Must possess the ability to obtain user certification in analytic or scientific software.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess the ability to learn and to utilize new technologies and software.
- Possess the ability to conduct business independently as well as part of a team.
- Possess the ability to conduct business in accordance with Company values, policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong quantitative analysis skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization and third party entities. Demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data base collection and management and in the development and in the use of sophisticated software packages.
- Possess the ability to think logically to solve problems.
- Conduct all business in a professional manner.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.