Throughout the safety section of the NOVEC website, you can learn what NOVEC does to keep its customers and employees safe as well as what you can do to protect your home and your family.
Safety is always a top priority at NOVEC, involving all staff, with emphasis on field employees and lineworkers. NOVEC has participated in the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association's Safety Achievement Program (RESAP) for more than 30 years. This program includes a thorough investigation of all safety practices and procedures, and a yearly safety improvement plan.
Beware of scams
If you suspect someone is trying to scam you, call the local police and then call NOVEC at 703-335-0500 or 1-888-335-0500. Never dial the phone number provided by a suspected scammer.
Learn more about protecting yourself from scammers and how to identify real NOVEC employees and contractors.
More Safety Tips
- Miss Utility - Call 811 Before You Dig
- Stay Safe Around Electricity - Look Up! Look Down! Look Out!
- When Electrical Injury Occurs - Symptoms & First Aid
- Preparing for a Storm
- Severe Storm Safety
- The Power Is Out: Should I Throw Out My Food? (PDF)
- EMF Information
- Virginia Overhead Line Safety Acts