Project Manager, Electric Infrastructure
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our team in the Gainesville, VA location. This position will be responsible for organizing, scheduling, tracking and budgeting all activities and resources required to plan, design, permit and construct electric infrastructure projects. The position will also be responsible for ensuring the completion of electric infrastructure projects on-time and within authorized budgets. The position will be required to work closely with internal NOVEC Management, external consultants, contractors, customers, government authorities and stakeholders to coordinate activities, develop and manage project schedules and identify issues, concerns and obstacles that must be addressed and resolved to advance the project. In addition, the selected individual will control project scope through the change order process. Other duties will include: developing and archiving periodic performance and financial reports regarding project status and reviewing project expenditures such as third party labor and material invoices, contractor timesheets, customer construction contributions and internal accounting transactions.
The Project Manager will be responsible for organizing and scheduling meetings and conference calls to coordinate work activities and assign responsibilities to each entity having work responsibility in the project such as design, permitting and construction of the project.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating with NOVEC Division Managers regarding the reconciliation of project expenditures to project budgets, the true-up of project expenditures with customer construction contributions and any final billings or refunds due to third parties. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with Finance and Asset Development regarding the verification of project accounting transactions.
The Project Manager will be responsible for working closely with each NOVEC Division Manager to organize and assemble electric infrastructure project and blanket budgeting and scheduling information for the purposes of developing and documenting the three-year Short Range Work Plan. The Project Manager will be responsible for responding to inquiries from NOVEC Management regarding the three-year Short Range Work Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize project work activities into work priorities and schedules.
- Develop budgets, create and document project performance, status and financial reports.
- Understand RUS work plan and construction borrowing and loan requirements.
- Understand and evaluate engineering designs, material specifications, design cost estimates,
- Communicate verbally and in written form project information to internal NOVEC employees, NOVEC customers, government entities and third party builders and developers.
- Understand zoning, site plan and environmental permitting processes and procedures of federal, state and local governments.
- Understand the requirements of obtaining Certificate Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) from the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
- Understand the permitting and the provisions of the roadway construction agreement between NOVEC and the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- Understand how to use project management and Microsoft office software.
- Evaluate, develop and implement project management processes and techniques to improve the efficiency and enhancement of project management, tracking, reporting and documentation.
- Represent and articulate the NOVEC position on matters related to electric distribution infrastructure at public hearings, community gatherings and before regulatory bodies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related field from an accredited institution will also be considered.
Five to seven years of large project management related experience is required.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
Professional Engineer (PE) in Commonwealth of Virginia is preferred.
Demonstrated ability to coordinate the activities and work closely with several different parties on large infrastructure projects.
Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Possess the ability to use analytical, financial and project management software.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.