Supervisor, Distribution Engineering
Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) is currently recruiting for a Supervisor, Distribution Engineering to join our team! This position will supervise and manage a staff of technical designers responsible for development of engineering designs, design cost estimates, and communication of technical and design information to NOVEC customers, government entities and third party builders and developers. The supervisor manages and evaluates the performance of assigned technical staff and proactively initiates measures to correct instances of work product not meeting established quality standards. This position will develop and communicate responses to inquiries from customers, government staff and officials, builders and developers and internal company personnel. This role will represent and articulate the NOVEC position on matters related to electric distribution infrastructure at public hearings, community gatherings and before regulatory bodies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a staff of technical designers to develop engineering designs, design cost estimates, and manage the communication of information to the following parties: internal company personnel, external customers, government entities, regulatory bodies and builders & developers.
- Supervise technical staff in the preparation utility engineering designs, cost estimates, and customer billing.
- Manage schedules and assigns technical staff projects and daily work.
- Manage the development of the technical staff through mentoring, instructing of technical engineering principles and governing electrical and safety codes.
- Instruct and teach the technical staff in areas of company policies, safety, terms and conditions under which NOVEC provides electric service.
- Instruct and teach the technical staff in the use of computer systems and software, tools and equipment, and company owned motor vehicles.
- Manage and provide guidance and direction for professional communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate the performance and development of technical staff.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Distribution Engineering to develop, evaluate, and implement new policies and procedures which reflect best engineering practices.
- Collaborate with other departments and divisions on company-wide initiatives.
- Perform the duties of Distribution Engineering Manager when the manager is unavailable.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required. Three to five years of utility related experience in engineering analysis, planning, and design of electric systems. Prior experience supervising engineers, engineering technicians, staking engineers, and/or other utility technical personnel is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all company policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with general computer operation and Microsoft Office applications. Must also possess the ability to use analytic and/or engineering software.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution electrical systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work management system.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure meeting multiple and often demanding deadlines.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others. Ability to develop and motivate a team. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over a short and long-term focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources administration to manage employees work, conduct performance reviews, develop goals and objectives and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
NOVEC does not provide sponsorship for this position.
To get started on this great opportunity, please send your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
NOVEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.