Save energy and money with these tips
Going holiday shopping? Boost your budget by saving energy
Want to spend less on energy so you have more to spend on gifts? Follow these five cold-weather energy tips:
- Set your thermostat to 68 degrees when you’re awake and at home, and lower when you’re sleeping or out of the house. Want to make saving even easier? Use a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature automatically.
- Make sure vents are not blocked by furniture, curtains or even pet beds — this helps the heated air circulate and helps your HVAC system work more efficiently.
- Be sure to replace or clean your air filters to help your system operate more efficiently.
- Seal air leaks around window and door frames with caulk or weather stripping to keep heated air inside the home.
- Add extra insulation to windows by placing plastic film on the interior to keep heat from escaping.
BONUS TIP: Shopping for TVs, gaming consoles, or appliances on Black Friday? Look for the ENERGY STAR® label to make sure the product you’re buying is energy-efficient and will cost less to operate than an item that is not ENERGY STAR® rated.
For even more energy-saving tips, visit novec.com/save.